Free test at GGD

Anyone with symptoms can be tested free of charge at the Dutch Health Department (GGD). There are two ways to do this:

a) You can call the free number 0800-1202 seven days a week from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. to request a test. This telephone number is only available within the Netherlands. From abroad you have to call +31 85 06 59 063. Keep your burger service number (BSN) and address ready. You choose the test location together with the GGD employee. You receive a confirmation including address, time of the appointment and more details by email or SMS. You don't have to pay for the test.

b) Alternatively, you can make an appointment online at After a few questions, you can choose a GGD test location and can make an appointment. Everyone from the age of 12 or older and over can make an appointment online. You will need your own DigiD (with DigiD app or SMS check), telephone number and email address. Select the test location from a list provided. You receive a confirmation by email or SMS. You don't have to pay for the test.

Anyone who has received a message via the CoronaMelder app can get a GGD test too. The procedure is communicated via the app.

Note: The Dutch health authorities (GGD) do not issue travel certificates!

Letzte Änderung:
09.11.2021, 19:57 CET

You should find out more on the official websites of the authorities/organizations. klimeck consulting assumes no responsibility or liability for the correctness and completeness of the information, for deviations in the program content from the original texts, transmission errors in documents and errors in documents created for the website, as well as unauthorized changes to the information on the server by third parties and resulting damage. This website's contents are not intended to provide medical or other advice or instructions concerning drugs or specific therapies. The information contained on this website is not an alternative to advice from a doctor or pharmacist. Anyone who needs help and/or advice on specific health problems should only consult a medical doctor.